Amazon PPC is a method where an advertiser pays only for the advertisement that a potential buyer clicks and views the product. There are three types of PPC campaign advertising formats available for sellers and vendors:
- Sponsored Products– These are keyword-targeted ads which appear in the search results page and product detail pages that enable advertisers to promote individual products on
- Sponsored Brands– They are displayed in the Amazon search results page and are keyword- targeted ads that allow brands to promote a custom headline, their brand logo, and up to three products in their ad, with the ability to send shoppers to their Stores page or a custom landing page on Amazon.
- Product Display Ads– These are only for vendors and send the shoppers to Amazon product detail pages. PDAs typically appear below the “Add to Cart” button on Amazon product detail pages and use product or interest targeting to deliver relevant ads to shoppers.
Amazon vendors have access to Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands, and Product Display Ads in their Amazon Advertising Console. Only sellers with Brand Registry are eligible to use Sponsored Brands.
Unless your products appear on the first page on Amazon the chances of you making sales are very slim. To rank on the first page for your keywords, your product needs sales history and relatively sufficient performance data. Amazon PPC helps you in:
- Promoting your business
- Improve the visibility of your product
- Cost Effective
- Increase Organic rankings
- Boost Product sales by creating Brand awareness
Setting up PPC Campaigns
Start your Campaign by clicking on “Advertising” then “Campaign Manager” in Seller
- Set up Campaign settings, that includes ad campaign name, daily budget, and keyword targeting type.
- Choose between Automatic and Manual
- Name ad group and choose products to
- Set your default Bid and
- Select keyword and match type.( Broad, Phrase,Exact)
- Set up Negative Keywords which can help you avoid overbidding on duplicate
- In this last step, pick your ad group name, select the products you want to advertise, and enter a bid