Due to recent changes in the laws enforced in India, the sellers who wish to sell on any ecommerce online platform need to enroll for the Goods and Services Tax known as GST. The GST registration is a relatively simple process which can be easily done online or you can even seek the help of an Ecommerce SEO services consultant.
Here is a simple step by step procedure that can guide you in the GST enrolment procedure;
- Open the official GST website by the Indian Government (gst.gov.in) and go to the *Registration* tab under *Services*
- After entering the required details, you need to verify your mobile number and the email id through one-time password (OTP)
- The Temporary reference number (TRN) would be generated using which you can login to the portal.
- Now you will be directed to the *my saved application* page where you will find a form to fill.
- This form has several sections such as Bank account details, address proof, dead of partnership, your photo, partner’s photo, authorized signatory, bank passbook/checkbook details and other relevant details.
- Now you just need to follow the given verification process (through DSC, EVC or e-signatures) and submit the form.
- An application reference number (ARN) would be generated and sent to your email and mobile number, which can be used to track your application status.
- After your application gets approval from the authorities, your GST number would be generated and download the registration certificate using valid credentials within 5 working days.
That’s it. You are good to start. All you need is this Goods and Service Tax Identification Number (GSTIN) to start selling on Amazon.
We are happy to help you!
Hike Commerce is an Amazon advertising and marketing consultancy with over 10 years of experience which offers the best product description writing, sponsored PPC campaigns and Amazon review automation services for successful sales of your products that help your brand reach the heights it deserves.